Practice Management Day: Proven Strategies to Charge More & Work Less
Did you work 60 or more hours per week this year in tax season?
Were you "maxed out" in terms of your ability to crank out quality tax returns, or close to it?
Did you make enough money to justify the wear and tear on your body, the toll on your family and personal life, and to live comfortably the rest of the year?
Did you answer yes to the first two questions, but no to the last one?
It stinks, doesn't it? This means we worked our tails off, mistreated ourselves and our loved ones, and did not make enough money doing it to make up for it the other 9 and 1/2 months per year.
So, one more question, what are you going to do to change this situation?
- If you do not change, your life will continue to stink for the remainder of your working career. Blunt assessment, but true.
- Work more hours to make it worthwhile. This is not a real option--you are already maxed out!
- Charge your clients more to make it worthwhile, or
- Work more efficiently.
The goal of the Practice Management for Your Tax Office course is to address points 3 and 4:
How do we charge more for our valuable services?
How do we work more efficiently?
This six-hour seminar will cover vexing small tax firm's issues and provide common sense guidance in the areas of:
When you attend this course, you will receive guidance on creating a tax practice that is not only full-time, but also rewarding and profitable!
- Choosing tax software
- Interviewing clients
- Tax return processing
- Client relationships
- Practice transfer issues & much more
Presented by Chad Piehl, CPA
NASBA CPE: 6 Hours/Taxes
Registration Fee: $175 Including Continental Breakfast
Upon completion of this course, you should be able to:
- Expand the services you offer to your existing clients
- Determine situations in which is it appropriate to terminate the relationship with client and how to do so in a professional manner
- Increase client retention through improving the service you provide to them
- Evaluate each client to determine if you should continue providing services
- Ensure that employees are properly trained and informed of firm policies and other applicable information
- Implement workflow management software in your firm
- Take the necessary steps to grow your practice
- Plan and implement changes to increase office efficiency
Chad Piehl, CPA is a partner of the CPA firm of Piehl, Hanson, Beckman, P.A., a full service firm focusing on meeting the needs of small businesses and individuals in Minnesota. A graduate of Westmar College, Chad is a nationally recognized speaker and author, lecturing on accounting, tax, and practice management topics. Chad says his heavy tax practice load makes him a better speaker and his always excellent evaluations prove it!
Remove this from your schedule?
This session is full and you may not be able to get back in.